November 24, 2008

G.I. Joe. and Jane?

I'm really into bed linens - not a million throw pillows on the bed, but nice, quality matching sheets and comforters. I get excited about patterned sheets. The word "duvet" makes me happy. I love stripes and florals and matching shams and warm blankets folded at the end of the bed. I get pleasure out of making the bed. Hospital corners? They rock. Needless to say, I am particular about bedding. BUT, I also don't want a bedroom that is overly feminine and doesn't represent both my style AND JJ's style.

JJ has this great vintage army trunk that we've decided to use for storing bedding and which will be put at the foot of the bed.

(Who was Major Dean B. McNealy?)


To pull together feminine bedding, an army trunk, a neutral headboard and rug, I think a vintage Italian Army blanket (wool) will do nicely. Some examples I've found...







(Images from Omaha's GI Surplus)

With some linens from Dwell Studio? Huh? Huh?

(Images from Dwell Studio, compiled by Manolo Home)

Think it could work? We'll see... can't wait to find out.



No comments: